Saturday 11 August 2012

Tunes & Toe Tapping (101 List # 14)

8th June - Stone Roses @ Finsbury Park, London

EVENT COMING SOON!!!



***

4th Feb 2013 - The Cavern Club, Matthew Street, Liverpool

On a trip up to Liverpool for Uncle Gerry's 65th/retirement party, we did the tourist thing - open top buss rides, LiverpoolEye and so forth. A trip had to include a session at the Cavern Club where we were lucky enough to get front row seats (mainly as it was about 2 in the afternoon) and catch Tony McCaldon a solo artist doing Beatles & contemporary songs(Tony Mac) http://www.cavernclub.org/whats-on/event/12024-tony-mac-thursday and The Two of Us, two brothers' tribute to Lennon & McCartney http://www.cavernclub.org/whats-on/event/11457-two-of-us
If you haven't been, go (even if you're not a fan of the Beatles - worth it for the great atmosphere - they have decent beer too). Oh, The Cavern pub nearby serves food but not tried it,


 



***

Last Friday, I went to the Wickham Festival in Hampshire following an an invite from my cousin & his fiancee.

The line up was something different from what I'd normally go to but thought it was still a good chance to catch up with everyone and have a few ciders!

I only caught the last 2 acts but I was amazed at how good they were and the fact that they got the crowd really joining in. Despite all the ageing hippies with their chairs in the tent (evil tripping devices) everyone really got into it!

Top: L & R - K T Tunstall
Bottom: L & R - The Proclaimers





I don't think I've danced that much in a long time without having to have a lot of Dutch courage before hand!

Shame I missed tribute band The red Hot Chilli Pipers as I'm a huge fan of the originals and would've been good to see I think.

A great night with great people and must be done again.

No comments:

Post a Comment